"RFgen is the only bar coding solution for JD Edwards that we partner with. It's the easiest to implement and least expensive fully functional solution out there, "bar" none" Andy Klee, President, Klee Associates
If you are looking for an easy-to-implement, low-cost wireless and mobile data collection
solution with certification for JD Edwards World and EnterpriseOne, read on.
As you may already know, there are a few "out-of-the-box" solutions that are well advertised to the JD Edwards user community. The solution selected by JDEtips offers an easier, lower cost approach and a far quicker implementation. For these reasons, it is wireless data collection's best kept secret.
Features and Benefits:
- Pre-built transactions (displayed in left-hand column) for all logistics modules that work immediately with all JD Edwards versions.
- Full production free trial download that can be up and running in less than one hour.
- No source code installation or modification is required within the JD Edwards server environment ever.
- Easy to use development tool set for enhancements and configuration of business processes.
- The lowest total cost of ownership in the industry with the fastest return on investment.
RFGen is an advanced development environment that, when combined with the RFgen Mobile Application Server, becomes a powerful, integrated bar coding solution for JD Edwards customers.
The system consists of two modules: The RFgen Mobile Development Studio and the RFgen Mobile Application Server.
The RFgen Mobile Development Studio enables a developer with all the tools needed to develop and deploy RF bar coding applications. With RFGen, developing and maintaining these applications becomes a snap!
The RFgen Mobile Application Server provides communications between any Telnet-capable device (wireless or otherwise) and the RFGen Host Server. A variety of devices can be used making RFGen hardware independent!
RFGen allows for the following:
- Rapid Application Development for fast, easy, intuitive development of RF data collection applications.
- ERP Integration Suite/Screen Mapping allowing you to easily embed standard ERP business rules in your RF applications.
- Off-Line Data Collection--continuous 24/7 data collection operations (remote locations too) even if JD Edwards is unavailable.
- Easy Database Integration to any ODBC compliant database.
- Network Administration allows the remote control of devices, easy connectivity, monitoring, and administration of your RF network.
- All Major Hardware Brands are supported. Using TCP/IP and Telnet terminal emulation, RFGen applications run easily on all of the major RF hardware brands, providing easy portability and total hardware independence. Hardware brands utilizing DOS, WinCE, or Linux that are more commonly used include: Intermec, Symbol, Telxon, PSC, LXE, Handheld Products, Casio, Denso, AML, and Teklogix.
- Easy Bar Code Printing is done through ActiveX integration or text file submission to popular bar code printing applications such as Bar Tender, Loftware and NiceLabel.
How does it work?
RFGen takes full advantage of a new standard in thin client computing called Remote Power Projection (RPP). Remote Power Projection is a protocol that is based on the Citrix client/server model. Data collection devices running RFGen perform all of their processing on a central Windows server and are able to provide Pentium like performance regardless of the capabilities of the end device.
By using a standard VT telnet session (or a graphical telnet client available from RFGen) to display and collect data on handheld devices, RFGen greatly simplifies customer installations, upgrades, and support.
What does an RFGen implementation look like?
- A SQL compliant database and JD Edwards.
- A Windows 2000 (or later) based PC or server running RFGen.
- A wireless network with a combination of the following: Handheld terminals, RFID Scanners, Fixed terminals, Vehicle mounted terminals, Wedge scanners, Barcode printers, and Wireless access points
A typical implementation can be completed in as few as 30 days! And, at a much lower cost than other integrated RF solutions.
Download a Demo Copy
Request a demonstration
Continental Materials - Improves Inventory and Shipping Status Visibility
Lakeside Manufacturing Dramatically Streamlines Incoming Receiving and Inventory Control with JD Edwards
Gander Mountain - Increased Productivity by 85,000 Man Hours Per Year